Saturday, February 9, 2008

Chest Pain

Yeah man. Chest pain. For the past two weeks. Crushing, squeezing, electrical-volt-shooting, cramping, meandering, wandering chest pain. Over the heart, or maybe the upper lobe of the left lung. BP was up as well, hovering around 130/90 for the last two weeks. It's not my thyroid, or too much B6. It's not a heart attack or a displaced rib. Some trouble breathing. I tried a lot. What worked was some homeopathy (Lycopodium 30c relieved the third year pre-clinical inadequacy freakout) and craniosacral. So here's what I learned: my body is particularly and sensitively tuned to energy. And it knows I will listen to physical symptoms. My heart needed to speak, and I needed to listen. So during the cranio treatment, it showed me a volcano that was being suppressed. I was afraid of releasing bioling hot lava into my psyche. I gave in, though, and gave it permission to dribble. Now the pangs of anxiety, the wonky energy I pick up on in the hallway, and all else that is wierd and/or not mine goes flowing through the top of the volcano. Hey, beats a heart attack.

From a 5E standpoint, after recieving an (incredible) in-depth possession treatment by the (uber-talented and quite wonderful) student acupuncturist three weeks ago, I have removing a lot of grief from my system. Grief is the emotion relating to the Lung and the Metal element. Metal is controlled by Fire (the heart and joy), is fed by Earth (stomach/spleen and worry), and flows into Water (the Kidneys and fear). It ultimately looked to me like there was enough grief coming up to overcome the tedious amount of joy I was experiencing two weeks ago. The grief was also being fed by a substantial lump of worry or concern I was feeling about my place and my worth in the world. This stuff is so fascinating, and I am excited that I have acknowledged my interest in pursuing further studies in this field. For later, for later. For now, homeopathy! Soon to come: Craniosacral!!! Oh yeah, and getting into clinic as an ND. Wow. Holler!!

No comments: