Wednesday, September 26, 2007

THE LIST

For all those poor saps who want to invite me over for dinner sometime, but can't ever remember what I choose and choose not to eat, here's the official list.

Things I NEVER EVER eat for fear of checking back into the looney bin:

* All SOY products, including tofu, tempeh, soy sauce, tamari, and edamame. Apparantly soy lecithin is okay, but I haven't seen it sold anywhere on its own.

* Spelt

* Eggs - like whole eggs. It doesn't seem like there's enough actual egg in baked goods to whack me good. Just keep me far far away from the omelets.

* Nightshades - this includes tomatoes, potatoes, peppers (hot and bell) and eggplants. Interestingly, it also includes tobacco. Good thing I'm not prone to eating my cigarette butts.

* Corn, and all hyper-processed derivatives thereof.

Things I generally try to AVOID, but will live if consumed in small conscious amounts:

* Dairy - butter, cheese, ice cream, yogurt...it's been so long since I had a glass of milk. The thought of actually drinking a glass of milk makes my middle ear curdle and my chest close up.

* Wheat/Grains in general - the Doc's got me on this new grain-free diet for about a month. We'll see how that goes. I already blew it today when I got a chai with rice milk in it.

* Citrus - a tablespoon for flavoring here and there is doable.

HAH. At this point, some of you may be wondering what it is I actually eat day-to-day. Meat and veggies, legumes and squashes. And a generous helping of Amy's Raw Carrot Cake with Cashew Coconut Milk Icing. HOT DAMN!!!

No comments: