Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Testing, Testing...

I am in love.

With my bed.

And the fact that I don't have classes until noon on Tuesday. MMMmmmmm, that extra few hours this morning was entirely delicious.

In other fabulous news, I passed all of my Board Exams! WOOHOO!!! I am the shining rockstar. One massive flaming hurdle behind me. * sigh * I was on the phone with my mother when I got the envelope. I figured I'd open it then, in case I needed to ask her for a $500 loan to cover the cost of the make-up exam. I interrupted her ramblings with a deep-seeded long-winded whoop, and squealed incessantly as I Cabbage-Patched around the kitchen. My mom said she wasn't surprised that I passed all of them. Come ON, Mom. It's not like those tests were a walk in the park. Neither were the past two years of my life. It's one thing to be brilliant. It's a whole other thing to pull off the first two years of medical school and still be in one piece. I feel like I've been reborn or something.

I work every day to stay centered and happy within myself. It has been easier now that I have tools to use. Brad's class this summer provided infinite wisdom and insight into such matters. Additionally, my rope experience drew me straight into this sense of home within my body, a feeling I can't recall ever having before in my life. Combine these things with the significant shift of focus in the curriculum (more doctor training/therapeutics/clinical application and less undergrad-on-crack insanity), and a reduced course load, and the time to pursue other passions, and I've got a damn good recipe for the balance I have been seeking for myself for a long time. Exciting times, I'll tell you.

I already feel the jitters of the school year swarming around me, and they are easily brushed away for now. They aren't mine, and I can generally tell the difference. Thank God for Char and her class and for teaching me how to psychically protect myself from everyone else's hoohah.

This is a good day to be in love with myself. And my bed. As is everyday.

No comments: