Saturday, December 8, 2007

Ache

Ache.

What are all the ddx's for a headache?

Toothgrinding. Too much coffee. Too much sugar. Not enough water. Not enought sunlight. Not enough protein. Allergic reaction. Nonallergic reaction. Pulled cervical muscle. Infection. Detoxing chemicals.

I had a craniosacral therapist tell me there was an adjustment to be had way deep inside my skull. I believe it. I had a habit for smashing my head into fireplaces as a kid.

I have wondered recently about such things. The small misalignments and maladjustments in our physical beings being amplified into disease states. How a misaligned bone in my skull may be the root to my deep mistrust of others, for example. Once the adjustment sets in, the emotional/mental quality shifts.

What do I know? I know that pain is a signal to the body that something is wrong. If someone is in pain, something is wrong. While I know a few people for whom pain is pleasurable, I know no one who finds chronic pain tolerable without the use of analgesics.

So what's wrong? Is it really worth sitting here, pondering the cause of the headache? I would think knowing the cause would facilitate the healing by directing the treatment plan, but there will be and have been times where one just doesn't know. And other times when the best treatment is time.

God, my whole face hurts.

No comments: