Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Rubbin'...

Today is just too good.

I have spent most of the day getting rubbed, stretched, kneaded and loved from my colleagues all day. And all in the name of higher learning, from Manip class to a little lunchtime review to donating my time and body for an up-and-coming LMP to practice.

How can I complain? While I do get the chance to get out of head and relax into my body, it is also vital that one stays present enough to give feedback. You have to know what hurts, what's uncomfortable, what just isn't right...and then be able to tell your practitioner how it is without fear of judgment. Being part of this program has made me aware of my physical, emotional and spiritual boundaries (or lack thereof) as well as those of other people. I've also developed the responsibility to myself to protect myself: something I wasn't willing to do before I got here. Pretty awesome.

Stay tuned for a full report on the research report regarding the HIV reverse-transcriptase inhibition activity of Pleurotus ostreatus, aka the Oyster mushroom.

Until then...

No comments: