Saturday, October 27, 2007

This is How I Roll 10.23.07

with my fists gripping tightly
to the mossy green of Mama
as I roll over her
she gasps and deepens
as I give her luscious mane a friendly tug
and I gasp and deepen
as she collects me for a hug

like a Japanese Maple in the height of
Autumnal October
I stand in bright bursting beauty
as I deepen into
inside
as I breathe even
deeper
give a sigh
and let go

and what is it exactly
that leaves me then
Not that I need to know
the details of why and when
I think I need to care
my mind stops short and blinks
and that's when my heart
takes over and gives my brain a wink
then she takes in deep sips of sunshine
a breath of fresh air
and realigns the punchline
then she laughingly submits
this idiot to the divine

and I am held so precious
and when I stop this to think
patiently I am waited on
as I take another drink
of intoxicating logic
and addictive demands
occasionally I recall the option
of giving it up to better hands

in reverence and respect
I am decidedly allowed
to make this living thing
much harder than avowed
and when I shake my tiny fist
they simply shake their heads
and grin
Baby girl, you and your knack
for desparate situations
keeps us entertained, but
does it keep you satisfied?
I drop my head into my hands,
give a nod and a sigh

its easier to flip off resentment
and celebrate joyfulness
but I was reminded the other day
that they both have equal importance

so they roughhouse and tumble around
knocking shit down
inside of me
as I trip over my feet
'cuz I can barely see
'cuz I'm hardly here
when I'm distracted that way
'cuz I'm hardly here
when the archetypes are at play

and I roll on like thunder
in a sound-proof cave
it leaks out the opening
in the front of my face

and it's exquisitly beautiful
despite the funny looks
with a wink and nod
from my heart, I shook

up the planet each moment
one person at a time
I have humbly been
blessed as a bridge
of earth and divine

at least that what they told me
and why should I doubt?
I've run out of reasons for
seeking the backdoor out

I love you, I said
I love you, and I hope
you hear me
this time
with your deepest of hearts

I hope you can feel
deep
deep
deep as you can
You are Light
You are Love
It is with you
I stand

My sacred beloved
intimate kin
What a blessing to
have you in this
world I live in

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you write this? It's amazing!!! I love the rhythms and visuals it imparts. You must have written it because to me it fits your spirit. [If you didn't, do you have a twin somewhere I didn't know about?] :)

I must admit I haven't read your blog for a while, but I know there's always sparkly gems of your writings waiting for me to read.

Thank you for being my friend and being in my life.

'KK'

Cecily said...

Oh yes, my sweet. All of that came out of li'l old me. Glad you liked it, and that you visit on occasion.

You are an archer-sorceress!